Hurt on the Job?

Am I eligible to get treatment?


  • In Oregon and Washington, you are eligible for treatment to get covered by your employer’s worker’s compensation insurance if you were hurt on the job.
  • You may receive treatment if you tell your boss, manager, or supervisor about your injury within 90 days (3 months) of the injury.
  • You may receive treatment regardless of your documentation status.
  • You may receive treatment if you are a full time, part time, or a seasonal worker.
  • You may receive treatment if you get paid by check or cash.
  • Oregon law defines rare instances where a worker is not covered:
  • If you have questions regarding your eligibility, please call Woodstock Chiropractic, and one of our friendly staff members will assist you.

Who pays for treatment?


  • If you get hurt on the job, your employer’s worker’s compensation insurance is legally required to pay for compensable medical services of accepted injuries you have sustained on the job.
  • Your employer is legally required to have worker’s compensation insurance if they have 1 or more subject employees.
  • The billing team at Woodstock Chiropractic sends your medical bills directly to the worker’s compensation insurance company of the employer. We do not send bills to your boss.

How to open a claim


  • When you are injured on the job, inform your boss, manager, or supervisor of your injury as soon as you can. They will fill out Form 801 (for Oregon injuries), which they send to their worker’s compensation insurance company to help open your injury claim. If your employer does not have this form or refuses to do it with you, we can help you complete this form. See  Form 801 Oregon.
  • During your first visit at Woodstock Chiropractic Clinic, you will fill out Form 827 (for Oregon injuries). You write your name, how you were hurt, and other important information. Our doctors will add your diagnosis information to this form, sign it, and send it to your employer’s worker’s compensation insurance company. This also helps to open your claim. Woodstock Chiropractic has this form in English and Spanish. See Form 827 Oregon. We have Washington Labor and Industries claim forms as well.
  • The information provided on this website does not, and is not intended to, constitute legal advice; instead, all information, content, and materials available on this site are for general informational purposes only. Information on this website may not constitute the most up-to-date legal or other information. Readers of this website should contact their attorney to obtain advice with respect to any particular legal matter.
English Español